Now hiring for full time kynect employee in McCracken County. Pay is $17 per hour with benefits. Email resume or completed application to Samantha Penrod email@example.com by 4:30pm Friday, Sept. 8th.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The kynector will provide outreach, education and enrollment activities to individuals, families, and small businesses regarding health plans and insurance regarding qualified health plans, insurance affordability programs and the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange (KHBE). The kynector is fully accountable to the kynect Program Manager and Executive Director for his/her performance.
kynectors must meet the following requirements:
• Ability to explain complex concepts in layman's terms.
• Demonstrate an existing relationship with particular populations within the Purchase Area of Region I.
• Understand the specialized needs of rural consumers.
• Maintain a valid driver's license to be able to drive to consumers' locations in order to assist them in a face-to-face setting.
• Maintain reliable transportation to cover assigned areas.
• Provide proof of and maintain vehicle insurance appropriate for business use if a vehicle is used in the discharge of Kynector duties.
• Collect and maintain data on the population served.
• Provide accurate and unbiased information to help the population understand and enroll for health benefits.
• Focus on understanding and meeting needs of underserved vulnerable and difficult to access populations.
• Primarily work outside of their offices.
• Conduct outreach and educational activities to better reach underserved and vulnerable populations, following approval from the KHBE.
• Serve all Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange (KHBE) consumers requesting services without discrimination.
• Offer to refer individual consumers to other Kynectors but shall provide services at the request of the consumer.
• Ability to satisfactorily complete the certification process which includes a background check, attestations and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be responsible for assisting in the enrollment of the Kentucky population and conducting related outreach activities.
• Facilitate consumer enrollment and outreach activities.
• Complete the required training course developed by Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange (KHBE) and receive a passing score of at least 80% to become certified.
• Demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the following topics by attending required Health Benefit Exchange training and passing the corresponding tests.
Use of comparison tolls available on the Exchange Health insurance terminology
Attributes and differences among various public assistance programs
• Participate in additional training and testing as required by KHBE, which includes annual certification and continuing education.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act.
• Travel to consumer locations in order to assist with enrollment activities.
• Provide unbiased guidance on the Exchange in a face-to-face setting.
• Adequately answer consumer questions about enrollment.
• Refer consumers to agents, consumer assistance agencies as specified by KHBE or the call center when additional guidance is needed.
• Process re-enrollment into the Exchange.
• Guide consumers in modifying their coverage due to a life changing event.
• Abide by reporting standards on Exchange related activities.
• Conduct outreach activities at local events to educate Kentuckians about the Exchange.
• Assist KHBE in working local community events to promote the Exchange.
• Achieve a high level of consumer satisfaction.
• Participate in kynector duties for the first open enrollment period on the Exchange during the contract term.
• Accept referrals from navigators and agents.
• Provide access to oral interpretation of non-English languages to ensure meaningful access.
• Provide services in a location that is accessible to those with disabilities and materials and other utilized tools to those with disabilities.
• Ensure that an authorized representative is present for disabled individuals when applicable.